Dear developers! Good day,
Here I am going to explain how to connect Creo using VB API & what are all the common issues will happen while connection.
Declare required variable
Public AConnection As IpfcAsyncConnection
Public CConnection As New CCpfcAsyncConnection
- IpfcAsyncConnection – It is the VB API class for Asynchronous connection
- Creo connect is one of the function of CCpfcAsyncConnection class and the user need to initiate as new object
|Function||CCpfcAsyncConnection.Connect||(Display as String [optional], UserID as String [optional], TextPath as String [optional], TimeoutSec as Long [optional]) as IpfcAsyncConnection|
- Since it is asynchronous method, application will communicate with the VB API COM object. Hence it may take some seconds to connect and this time limit we can control in our coding.
- Anyway during connection the application will hang until its connected and this may cause the application to not responding mode
- So I would always suggest make the Creo connection function as task and use some good progress bar to keep your users calm
- Don’t use this method if multiple creo running.
Thanks & Regards